Friday, February 11, 2005

Distribution of Parking Stalls

Dear Betty:

Question:

I live in condominium building and as a member of board of directors, president of the board turned to me with question regarding visitor parking stalls. There is 119 units in the building and I am wondering is there any legislation in place which determines what is the minimum of allocated visitor parking stalls and how I can find out about that, since we plan to rent some stalls to the residents because of violation and abuse of that property. Could you please find few moments to me help me out with this one (I know that you are extremely busy). Greatly appreciated for your time.

Answer:
There is no specific legislation regarding the distribution of visitor parking stalls. The Condominium Property Act required distribution of the common property to be fair and reasonable to all owners and occupants.

The Board of Directors would make this decision based on the need to be fair to all owners in distribution of these common property stalls. It is not uncommon for condominiums to charge for use of the 2nd parking stalls when there is a surplus of parking stalls or to create visitor stalls or a combination of both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home